Friday, September 14, 2012

So Crispy!

I really like the idea behind 'sensory play'. I spend lots of time on pinterest looking at different ideas. With a limited budget and limited space for storage, its sometimes hard to come up with ideas for sensory play, but when I saw this, I thought it was fantastic! Rice Krispies play! My son usually eats whatever we're playing with anyway, so why not make it something delicious?  We used play dishes to scoop and dump the cereal. They did this over and over and over again. My daughter even tried to count how many spoonfuls she could get in a little cup. 
We also got out the trains because they made an excellent CRUNCH noise and they were driven across the cereal. They also loved the noise it made when they walked across and squished it with their toes. However, once feet were involved, I figured it was probably time to stop snacking.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment